Dining Services Associate – Part Time
Guest House Retreat & Conference Center is currently seeking a part time Dining Services Associate. The ideal candidate lives locally and is self-motivated, energetic, a team player, and demonstrates a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to customer service excellence. We have a casual, friendly environment and offer meals when available. This is an ideal opportunity for students.
The Dining Services Associate reports to the Executive Chef/Director of Dining Services Director. The starting salary is $10.50 – $10.75 per hour, depending on experience. Our business is flexible based on occupancy and events scheduled throughout the year, which means the number of work hours will vary week-to-week, up to 24 hours during busy periods. The Dining Services Associate must be available to work any weekday evening and weekend day & evening shifts. Typical shifts are: Weekends, approx. 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.; Weekday evenings, approx. 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The selected candidate will undergo criminal and employment background checks.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Washing dishes
- Warmly greeting guests when they enter the dining areas
- Ensuring guest satisfaction by maintaining the dining areas
- Restocking dining room amenities
- Daily cleaning of all dining and work areas
- Support in housekeeping and/or facilities as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by management
JOB REQUIREMENTS include, but are not limited to:
- Available to work any weekday evening and weekend day & evening shifts
- Punctual and reliable
- Dependable transportation
- Proficient English verbal and written skills
- Positive, friendly and respectful attitude
- Neat appearance
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Residence in southern Middlesex County strongly preferred
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered, please submit ALL of the following:
- Cover letter describing your reason for applying
- Resume/work history & education
- Contact information: name, address, e-mail address and phone number
You may also stop by Guest House to complete an employment application. We are located at 318 West Main Street (Route 148) in Chester (at the Chester/Killingworth Town line).
**No Phone Calls, Please**