Housekeeper – Full Time
Guest House Retreat & Conference Center, located in the lower CT River valley, has an immediate opening for a full time housekeeper to help maintain our beautiful facility. The ideal candidate lives locally and is self-motivated, energetic, a team player, and demonstrates a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to customer service excellence.
This is a full time position with a starting salary of $11 – $14 per hour, based on experience. We have a casual, friendly environment and offer a great benefits package, including paid time off, 8 paid holidays, health insurance, dental & vision plans, health flexible savings account – and meals when available.
The housekeeper position reports to the facility director. The full time work schedule is an average of 35 daytime hours per week, with a minimum of 30 hours weekly during our slow periods. The housekeeper must be must be available to work Fridays and weekends, as needed.
The selected candidate will undergo criminal and employment background checks.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Breakdown/setup, cleaning and re-stocking of guest rooms, bathrooms and common areas
- Checking general condition of rooms and notifying supervisor of any malfunction or damage
- Laundry: washing, drying, folding bed linens & towels
- Maintain a consistent, high standard of cleaning
JOB REQUIREMENTS include:
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including Fridays and weekends, as-needed
- Experience preferred
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Positive, friendly and respectful attitude toward guests and other employees
- Local residency (southern Middlesex County & immediate area)
- Dependable transportation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include:
- The physical ability to stand and or walk continuously, including walking up and down stairs
- The physical ability to bend/stoop continuously
- The physical ability to occasionally climb on a ladder to reach heights of 12’
- The physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds between the floor and waist, occasionally from the waist to above the shoulder. This weight will be constituted laundry, cleaning and paper supplies, etc.
- The physical ability to occasionally push/pull various items such as laundry carts and housekeeping carts, weighing up to 60 pounds, distances of up to 150’
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit ALL of the following:
- Resume/employment history & education
- Cover note stating why you are interested in the position and how you are qualified
- Contact information, including mailing address, e-mail address, and phone #
318 West Main Street
Chester, CT 06412