Guest House is currently recruiting the below position. Application instructions are at the bottom of the posting.
Housekeeper – Part Time
Guest House Retreat & Conference Center has an immediate opening for a part time housekeeper to help maintain our beautiful facility. The ideal candidate lives locally and is self-motivated, energetic, a team player, and demonstrates a strong work ethic. The successful candidate will possessa commitment to customer service excellence.
The starting salary is $11 – $14 per hour, based on experience. We have a casual, friendly environment and offer meals when available.
The housekeeperposition reports to the facility director. The part time work schedule is based on the events schedule, which will vary from up to 12 hours during slower weeks to up to 30 hours during busier periods. Daytime schedule is suitable for Moms. The part time housekeeper must be available Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and as needed. The selected candidate will undergo criminal and employment background checks.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Breakdown/setup, cleaning and re-stocking of guest rooms, bathrooms and common areas
- Checking general condition of rooms and notifying supervisor of any malfunction or damage
- Laundry: washing, drying, folding bed linens & towels
- Maintain a consistent, high standard of cleaning
- Other tasks as assigned by management
JOB REQUIREMENTS include:
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including Fridays and weekends, as-needed
- Experience preferred
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Positive, friendly and respectful attitude toward guests and other employees
- English verbal and written fluency
- Local residency (southern Middlesex County & immediate area)
- Dependable transportation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include:
- The physical ability to stand and or walk continuously, including walking up and down stairs
- The physical ability to bend/stoop continuously
- The physical ability to occasionally climb on a ladder to reach heights of 12’
- The physical ability to lift up to 40 pounds
How to Apply
To be considered, please submit ALL of the following:
- Cover letter describing your reason for applying/how you are qualified for the position
- Resume/work history & education
- Contact information: name, address, e-mail address and phone number
You may also stop by Guest House to complete an employment application. We are located at 318 West Main Street (Route 148) in Chester (at the Chester/Killingworth Town line).
**No Phone Calls, Please**