Guest House is a beautifully renovated country inn that combines functionality with comfort. We have many features that come standard in any of our retreat packages:
- Facility-Wide High Speed WiFi
- Private baths in each of our Guest Rooms
- Fully air conditioned and heated guest rooms, with most using environmentally friendly, individually controlled HVAC units
- Our fitness center features aerobic exercise equipment, free and fixed weights, a ping pong table, and a sauna.
- Our Guest Amenities Closet has all the little things you miss from home: Irons & Ironing Boards, Fans, Bath Mats & Extra Towels, etc
- Bottomless Coffee & Tea Served in Our Dining Room
- Three healthy, expertly prepared meals per day. Most menus are adapted to many common allergies such as gluten & lactose intolerance.
- Wooded walking trails on property, with many hiking trails very close by.
- Two large open fields, perfect for yoga or yard games
- Full-size tennis court
- A meditation Labyrinth, located along our walking trails
- A lending library
- A Gift Shop & Necessities Store
All of the following are available for a nominal fee during your group’s stay at Guest House. Please book in advance to ensure availability.
Guided Nature Walks
Take advantage of the 16,000 acres of Cockaponset State Forest that abuts the north side of the Guest House property without getting into your car. Guest House staff will lead your group from our property, which is a Certified Wildlife Habitat, and into the State Forest along a number of pathways cobbled together to provide a scenic walk to the Pattaconk Reservoir. Trails range from a blazed pathway, to a horse path, to a forgotten paved roadway leading to the reservoir where you will find a large grassy field surrounded by scenic views. Guest House can arrange for a boxed/picnic lunch or snacks to be waiting for your arrival at the reservoir. If you have the extra time and energy, Guest House staff will extend the journey to a spit of land that juts out into the reservoir for the one picture you just need to capture.
Guest House History
The history of the Guest House property is physically on display in the form of the historic John B. Parmelee House, which graces the south end of our property. This classic Cape Cod-style home built in 1778 is the seed that grew out in many directions and over many years to form the Guest House facility we enjoy today. Want to know more? Guest House staff will address your group to share a little or a lot of the history of Guest House and the local environs. Guest House staff can tailor discussions to suit your group’s size, areas of interest, and available time allotment.
Chester Museum at the Mill
9 West Main Street, Chester
Located at a historic 1860s mill site overlooking a waterfall, the Chester Museum at The Mill features two floors of award-winning permanent and seasonal exhibits. Located in Chester Center, a short walking distance from downtown shopping and dining, it serves as the office for the Chester Historical Society and holds much of its collections and archives. The museum is typically only open during limited weekends and by appointment.
Please Contact Us to coordinate a time for your group to visit the museum.