Guest House Safety Protocols for COVID-19
The health and safety of our guests and staff are of paramount importance to us and we will follow the COVID-19 guidelines provided by the State of Connecticut, OSHA and the CDC.
Guest House Covid-19 Safety Policy
Effective through August 31, 2022
This interim policy will be reviewed periodically going forward to keep up with new guidance and guest concerns/interest.
Vaccination carries the strongest possible recommendation from Guest House,
but it is not required for guests.
Mask wearing is only required at Guest House in indoor public/common spaces. Example: lobbies, elevators, dining rooms, hallways, public restrooms, etc.
Retreat groups may make their own decisions regarding mask wearing when in their assigned meeting room(s). Staff may make their own decisions regarding mask wearing when in work areas with no guests present.
- Guest House will ensure group compatibility with preferred safety levels to the extent possible.
- Guest House will minimize exposure between groups by staggering mealtimes, assigning guests bedrooms near their corresponding meeting space(s), etc.
- All guests must self-certify via electronic check-in form that they are either fully vaccinated or have taken a Covid-19 test* with a confirmed “negative” result prior to arrival. All guests must provide evidence of vaccination or test status to their group coordinator.
- At check-in, the group coordinator will certify in writing to Guest House that the entire group is either fully vaccinated or has tested* “negative” prior to arrival.
- Unvaccinated guests, regardless of testing status, are strongly encouraged to:
- Remain masked indoors at all times, regardless of the group’s decision on masking;
- Socially distance when their mask is removed; and,
- Book a single occupancy guest room unless they are staying with someone from their own household.
All Staff must:
- Show proof of vaccination status to HR or submit to regular testing along with the retreat schedule; and,
- Complete a daily health self-assessment each day.
Staff that do not pass the daily health self-assessment (e.g. showing cold- or flu-like symptoms) must:
- Not report to work (or return home); and,
- Take a PCR Covid-19 test as soon as possible and stay home until results are received.
- If the initial test is negative, the employee needs to stay home and take a second PCR Covid-19 test 48hrs after the first. If this second test is negative, the employee may return to work.
- If the initial test is positive (or negative), the employee may return to work 5 days after the initial onset of their symptoms, they are fever-free, and if their other symptoms are improving. Masks must be worn at all times for another 5 days. (CDC, Dec 27, 2021)
*Covid-19 Test is defined as either:
- A PCR test taken within 72 hours before arrival at Guest House; or,
- A two-tiered antigen test: one test taken 48hrs before arrival, and another test taken upon arrival at Guest House
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Covid-19 Vaccination required to retreat at Guest House?
Vaccination carries the strongest possible recommendation from Guest House, but it is not mandated for guests.
Is there a pre-arrival health screening for guests?
Yes, all guests are required to complete our online check-in form with electronic signature no sooner than 24 hours before arriving on site. This includes a health assessment, a general liability waiver, and safety agreement.
Are your staff required to conduct daily health screenings?
Yes, all our staff are required to do a self-assessment daily before coming to work. Staff are also following strict hygiene protocols.
Are there Travel Restrictions?
There are currently no travel restrictions in place in CT. However, we strongly urge all guests to review the guidance available from CT before coming to Guest House.
Will there be a registration or check-in desk when I arrive?
The front desk is open and operating, but in a minimal, socially distanced manner with plexiglass separators. After completing your online-check in form you will need to stop by the front desk to receive your guest room key. All other parts of the check-in process are handled by an online check-in form that you will receive via email. We ask that guests complete this form no sooner than 24 hours before their arrival.
Can I visit the front desk for help? Is the gift store open?
Yes, our Guest Services desk, located in the Front Lobby, is open as usual for guest concerns. Yes, our Gift Store is open with the expectation that all shoppers use hand sanitizer before touching any items.
Can I share a room with someone?
Yes, if you are both vaccinated or from the same household/pod. Unvaccinated guests must book a single occupancy room unless someone from their own household/pod desires to share a room with them.
Do bedrooms and meeting spaces have fresh air access?
Yes, all of our guest bedrooms, meeting rooms and dining rooms have windows or doors with screens that may be opened to bring fresh air in. As this is potentially damaging to our equipment, we ask that this is done minimally.
What are your cleaning protocols?
We are following CT.gov and CDC recommendations and are using EPA approved non-toxic cleaning products. We are paying special attention to high-touch areas and communal areas such as bathrooms, which are cleaned frequently throughout the day.
Is the dining room still self-serve?
We are not currently allowing self-service at the buffet, but our exceptional staff are available to serve guests. Food is kept behind a plexiglass buffet cover, and staff will be wearing gloves and masks. All guests are required to wash their hands and/or use hand sanitizer before entering the dining room.
Our beverage service is self-serve, as allowed by the State of CT. Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes are always available at the station, and staff are cleaning high-touch areas frequently.
If preferred, our outdoor deck is available in fair weather. All of our chefs and cooks are fully trained as ServSafe certified food providers.
Guests can still bring their own supplemental food and snacks, but since they are placed in a shared refrigerator, we ask that you use zippered, labeled bags for storage, and wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before retrieving items.
How are laundry and linens being handled?
For your arrival, each guest bedroom is prepared with a sanitized sheet set, blanket and bed coverlet. Laundry is covered while in storage. Our laundry service is generally compliant with standards set by OSHA.
What should I do if I suddenly do not feel well while at Guest House? What are your protocols if someone is experiencing COVID-like symptoms?
Guests are asked to inform the emergency contact for their group if not feeling well. Should a guest begin to exhibit potential COVID symptoms, they are asked to stay in their bedroom and notify the emergency contact for the group, who will alert a Guest House staff person. The guest will be supported to leave our site to seek more immediate, local medical care or to return home.
Is the fitness center available?
The fitness center is temporarily closed.
Who can I contact if I have additional questions?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.